‘Concrete Utopia,’ ‘Moving’ sweep 59th Daejong Film Awards
简介Director Um Tae-hwa’s dystopian thriller “Concrete Utopia” swept Wednesday’s 59th Daejong Film Award ...
Director Um Tae-hwa’s dystopian thriller “Concrete Utopia” swept Wednesday’s 59th Daejong Film Awards.
Hosted by actor Cha In-pyo and comedian Jang Do-yeon, the award ceremony, also known as the Grand Bell Awards, was held at Gyeonggi Arts Center in Suwon, Gyeonggi Province, on a smaller scale than in previous years.
“Concrete Utopia” won the most coveted best picture award and five other awards, with Lee Byung-hun snatching the best actor award for his role in it. Actor Lee Sun-young won the best supporting actress award. "Concrete Utopia" is Korea's entry for next year's Oscars.
The best actress award went to Kim Seo-hyung of “Greenhouse,” which tells the story of a nurse and caregiver, Moon-jung, who lives in a greenhouse. It delves into the character's downfall as she tries to cover up the accidental death of an old couple in her care.
It was Kim’s fifth win at the Daejong Film Awards.
The best director award went to director Ryoo Seung-wan of “Smugglers,” which attracted 5.1 million moviegoers this summer, surpassing its breakeven point at 4 million admissions.
KT SAT, Korea's sole satellite service provider, announced Wednesday its plan to enhance its ma ...
조희대윤석열 대통령은 8일 신임 대법원장 후보자로 조희대(66·사법연수원 13기·사진) 전 대법관을 지명했다.김명수 전 대법원장의 9월 24일 퇴임 후 대법원장 공석이 된 지 45 ...
국민의힘 인요한 혁신위원장이 9일 여의도 당사에서 열린 제5차 전체회의에서 발언하고 있다. 연합뉴스인요한 국민의힘 혁신위원장은 ‘중진 불출마론’과 관련해 “말을 듣지 않으면 매도 ...
LS Materials to tap deeper into EV, green energy markets
"중동사태, 특등 전쟁상인 美 때문"…불법무기상 北 적반하장
윤 대통령, 오스틴 美국방과 만찬 “北, 하마스식 도발땐 단호히 응징”
Park Bom to return with new single ‘I’
Dog meat group threatens to release 2 million dogs near presidential office
[Herald Interview] Korean 'changgeuk' meets Peking opera
- Le Sserafim to release first English single 'Perfect Night'
- Samsung owns largest No. of Israeli subsidiaries among S. Korean conglomerates: report
- New US special envoy for N. Korean human rights issues takes office, plans to visit Seoul next week
- NMK to extend support for Korean galleries at six museums abroad
- LS Cable inks partnership for Vietnam submarine cable market
- South Korean oil payments for Iran frozen again over Hamas links
- 'Basel Night' at Swiss Embassy in Seoul heralds Basel's cultural legacy
- Korean economy expected to grow by 2.1% in 2024: Hana Institute
- 尹지지율 긍정 33%·부정 58%…"명절 기간 물가 등 경제난 체감"
- GS Caltex, Posco team up on biofuel
- S. Korea hints at halt to 2018 inter
- Korea, UK will unite for Indo
- Abandoned dog with note and heart sparks anger
- Jungkook holds live stage event for fans
- Korean ramen exports hit record high amid global K
- S. Korean literary giant Jo Jung
- What phrase do you want to hear most from your partner?
- 김기현 “한동훈 자질, 대한민국 위해 잘 발휘될 수 있게 할 것”
- Daewoo E&C chief cements ties with Nigerian leaders
- Disney+ brings romance to year's end
- All residents with disabilities to get personal doctor
- [Herald Interview] VIXX highlights group’s continuity in 5th EP ‘Continuum’
- "스벅 누가 마셔요"…중국서 스타벅스 꺾은 '이 브랜드'
- [Our Museums] Exploring quirky yet thoughtful world of Mr. Toilet House
- More relevant than ever, closer to original musical 'Rent' returns for 9th run
- Seoul shares end up on tech gains ahead of Nvidia results
- T1, Faker unrivaled at 2023 LoL World Championship
- BTS’ V, actor Yoo Seung
- Suneung might not see perfect scorer for first time in 13 years
- NIS seeking to form Asian cooperative body to counter drug crimes