Hyundai E&C completes design of new hydrogen plant
简介Hyundai Engineering & Construction said Tuesday it has completed the basic design of the nation’s fi ...
Hyundai Engineering & Construction said Tuesday it has completed the basic design of the nation’s first water electrolysis-based hydrogen production plant.
Since last year, the company has been working on the new plant located within an industrial complex in Buan, North Jeolla Province, as part of a project promoted by the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy.
Converting electricity into hydrogen by splitting water is a promising strategy that addresses the issue of excess renewable energy. The plant, capable of producing a metric ton of hydrogen per day, will store and distribute them to local hydrogen charging stations for mobility.
Being responsible for the design, equipment, and construction of the production base, Hyundai E&C has hired key experts to draw the optimal master plan for this project, the company said.
The company has adopted 2.5-megawatt Polymer Electrolyte Membrane electrolyzers to meet new uses of hydrogen in mobility as well as high availability infrastructure to operate the plant with minimal or zero downtime.
Hyundai E&C is waiting for the construction consent and is expected to finish the detailed design of the new hydrogen production base by the end of the year. While starting off the construction next year, it aims to produce clean hydrogen by May 2025.
“In addition to clean hydrogen, we are striving to invest and establish infrastructures for diverse alternative energy such as small modular reactors, carbon dioxide capture utilization and storage, and biogas,” said a Hyundai E&C official.
“Starting with the realization of the water electrolysis-based hydrogen production base project, we aim to lead the future green industry.”
A trilateral summit with Japan and China, which has been on hold since 2019, could take place early ...
South Korean stocks opened lower Tuesday as investors took profit following the previous session ...
A Korea-Georgia free trade agreement would bring substantial benefits for Korea and Georgia, Genadi ...
- China’s AliExpress eyes expansion in Korea
- [Hello Hangeul] Americans seeking to visit Korea learn the language in LA
- [Our Museums] Explore plaintive and joyful melodies of Korea at Arirang Museum
- Spending on overseas tourism rises by most in 13 years
- "조선의 샛별 여장군, 세계가 우러러 볼것"…北, 김주애도 우상화
- Lawmaker calls for specifying China's responsibility in UN resolution on NK human rights
- Most top earners live in or near Seoul: data
- CJ’s Korean
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Historian looks back at life dedicated to Korean studies
- [KH Explains] Can humans catch lumpy skin disease?
- 황교안 "유승민·이준석 자리만 차지…통합, 잡탕밥 돼선 안돼"
- Taemin of SHINee returns solo with 4th EP ‘Guilty’
- [Busan Is Ready] S. Korea to expand ODA initiatives to promote Busan Expo
- Posco faces first
- US needs 'strategic clarity' on North Korea deterrence: report
- Special brochure brings together Korean
- [From the Scene] Hyundai Motor looks into future of auto production in Singapore
- Democratic Party banners targeting young voters stir controversy
- Seoul shares end up on tech gains ahead of Nvidia results
- What phrase do you want to hear most from your partner?
- Child kills man with stone, sparking debate over legal immunity of children
- E. coli found in Echire butter
- 이준석 “가해자 따로 있는데…인요한 ‘대리사과’ 황당 제안”
- South Korea’s digital reputation dented by government network outage
- [Herald Interview] VIXX highlights group’s continuity in 5th EP ‘Continuum’
- [Our Museums] Exploring quirky yet thoughtful world of Mr. Toilet House
- LG Chem boosts diverse ESG campaigns
- BTS’ V, actor Yoo Seung
- Yoon heads to UK for state visit, eyes deeper security relations
- NIS seeking to form Asian cooperative body to counter drug crimes
- Daewoo E&C chief cements ties with Nigerian leaders
- All residents with disabilities to get personal doctor
- 김영진, 원희룡 인천 계양을 출마설에 “이재명과 맞대결 환영”
- S. Korea, Britain vow closer ties in nuclear energy sector
- Suneung might not see perfect scorer for first time in 13 years
- [Today’s K